For centuries, antioxidant alkaline water from natural springs highly sought-after because those who drank it claimed it
had amazing health-restorative abilities. But supplies are strictly limited: There are only seven known antioxidant water springs on Earth. Nordenau in Germany, Hita Tenesoryu in Japan, and Zam Zam in Saudi Arabia are three of the best known antioxidant springs. Thankfully, you can have this same kind of water in your home with a water ionizer. Water ionizers are the only other source of antioxidant alkaline water on Earth.
Antioxidant alkaline water vs. non-antioxidant alkaline water
Not all alkaline water is antioxidant alkaline water, in fact, the bottled alkaline water you buy in stores is not antioxidant water! You don’t get the antioxidant benefit from bottled alkaline water that you get from the water made by a water ionizer, even if that water was made with an ionizer. The reason for this is the antioxidant potential of alkaline water doesn’t keep when you put it in a bottle – it becomes neutralized within 2 days. Because of this, you should regard all of the bottled alkaline water you see in stores as stale.
The antioxidant water made by a water ionizer has high antioxidant potential when it is fresh. It’s best to drink it fresh from the ionizer. Research suggests that antioxidants help fight harmful oxidation in the body that can lead to premature aging and disease. It may be the most important benefit of alkaline water. Bottled alkaline water can’t deliver that benefit. If you want drinking water with high age-fighting antioxidant potential, the only place to get it is to make it at home with a water ionizer.
Alkaline water filter pitchers: Better than bottled alkaline water
Alkaline filter pitchers like the Pitcher of Life make alkaline water with some antioxidant potential. The water they make is better water than bottled alkaline water because it’s fresh. Just keep in mind that its antioxidant potential isn’t as high as the water you get from an ionizer, and there are a few other limitations:
- Can’t adjust pH: Ionizers let you adjust pH according to your health needs, pitchers don’t
- Limited antioxidant benefit: Pitchers only make about a tenth of the antioxidant potential that a water ionizer can
- Pitchers don’t make as much water as water ionizers do
- Filtration System in an ionizer is much more effective as there are 4 large filters
Alkaline filter pitchers as a great way to bring alkaline water with you on the go. But they’re not as good as a water ionizer. The filtration on an ionizer is better than the filtration on filter pitchers. Water ionizers make water with a lot more antioxidant potential, and ionizers make more water faster than pitchers do. For example, a pitcher can make about a half gallon of water in about 10 minutes. Our top-of-the-line Life M-13 can make a gallon of water in under a minute. If you plan to cook with alkaline water (and for your health, you should) then a water ionizer is a much better choice.
Health: As close as your kitchen sink
A water ionizer makes alkaline water that is just like antioxidant spring water, only better. Ionizers with advanced interior filters and a pre-filter system work by substantially removing the harmful toxins that you can be exposed to when drinking spring or tap water. The water made by an ionizer is rich in essential minerals and it has a healthy pH balance. Best of all, it has high age-fighting antioxidant potential. There are many distinct advantages of owning a water ionizer.
- Adjustable pH: For daily use, you want to drink water with a pH between 8.5 and 9.5. For cooking or to deal with tough body acidity problems like GERD, you want water with a pH of 10 or higher. A water ionizer lets you choose
- Enough healthy water for drinking and cooking: You should drink between two and three liters of alkaline water per day, plus you should cook with alkaline water because it makes your food healthier and tastes better. If you add it up, to get enough for drinking and cooking for your entire family, a pitcher isn’t practical, it takes too long to work.
- Acidic water for plants, beauty, and sanitation: Water ionizers also make acidic water. It’s not for drinking, but your plants will love it, it’s the perfect pH for them. Acidic water is also great for sanitizing surfaces without chemical cleaners. Best of all, it’s a miracle rinse for hair. If you struggle with split ends, breakage, etc, as I do, you will love what an acidic water rinse will do for your hair
Once you own a water ionizer, you’ll wonder why you waited so long to get one. The water is so refreshing to drink that it actually feels healthy! It also tastes incredible, and wow does it make amazing coffee and tea! If you have pets, you’ll find that they prefer the taste of alkaline water to plain water as well so that means your pets will also receive the health benefits of ionized alkaline mineral water! These machines also make acid water which is a miracle rinse if your hair gets dry and tangly, the way mine does. The benefits of owning an ionizer extend beyond the health benefits: You get lifetime savings versus the cost of buying bottled water, alkaline water detoxifies your produce from pesticide residues, and cooking with it makes better tasting food. Bottled water doesn’t provide any of those benefits.