Water from protected mountain springs has been drunk for centuries for health, healing and life extension. What do all the drinking waters from mountain springs have in common? They are all ionized alkaline mineral waters. Why is ionized alkaline mineral water the “right” kind of water to drink? It’s because of the minerals in it, the antioxidant potential, and because your body needs water.
The human body is 70% water, and when the body’s water reserves dry up or become polluted, it will wither just like a plant. One way to get hydration daily is to drink alkaline water.
5 Healthy Alkaline Water Benefits
1. Antioxidant benefit for the liver – Alkaline water has been shown to increase levels of two important antioxidants that protect the liver and help it work more efficiently. The liver’s job is to detox the whole body, so it is important that it work as efficiently as possible.
2. Digestive Health – In Japan and Korea, water ionizers are used treat mild digestive upset. Double-blind clinical trials conducted in Japan showed that 88% of patients that drank alkaline water from a water ionizer found partial or full relief of their symptoms. Life Ionizers is certified as medical a device in Korea by the Korean FDA. The US FDA has not evaluated Life Ionizers as a medical device.
3. Bone Health – Alkaline water has been shown to reduce calcium loss – even in people who get enough calcium in their diet! Clinical trials of alkaline water for bone health show reductions in two important markers of bone loss.
4. Better Taste – Alkaline water tastes slightly sweeter and more refreshing than regular water. Better tasting water helps you stay hydrated simply because you want to drink it. If healthy hydration is part of your health plans, it makes sense to drink better tasting water!
5. Supplies Essential Minerals – Calcium is 30% easier to absorb from water than it is from food. Other minerals such as magnesium are also easier to absorb from water. Research by the World Health Organization states that you should get up to 20% of your daily needs for essential minerals by drinking water.
The best way to hydrate with alkaline water
If you do get mildly dehydrated, don’t try to drink too quickly! The ideal way to hydrate is to drink small amounts of water frequently. Athletes can mix alkaline water with any electrolyte drink for high performance hydration.
It is possible to drink too much water! A good rule of thumb is to drink between six to eight glasses per day. Drink more if you consume sugary or caffeinated drinks, they can actually deplete your body of water. Weigh yourself before and after your workout. Remember the engineer’s saying, “a pint is a pound the world around”. One pint of water weighs one pound. Do the math to figure out how much extra water you need to drink.
Ready to get serious about hydration? Call our water ionizer experts today at 877-959-7977 and get the facts about alkaline water hydration.
Has the FDA evaluated alkaline water?
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The preceding information and/or products are for educational purposes only and are not meant to diagnose, prescribe, or treat illness. Please consult your doctor before making any changes or before starting ANY exercise or nutritional supplement program or before using this information or any product during pregnancy or if you have a serious medical condition.