Drink More Water With These 20 Tips
How Much Water To Drink?
You can’t count on your body to tell you how much water to drink if you are middle-aged (50+) or older. Your body’s thirst mechanism doesn’t work as well as it did when you are young. Your body may misinterpret thirst for hunger, making you eat when what you really need to do is drink more water! To keep yourself properly hydrated, it will take some effort on your part. Here’s 20 tips that will help you drink more water.
Find out how much water you need to drink
The first step towards drinking more water is knowing how much you should drink. As a general rule, according to the Mayo Clinic, men should drink 3 liters per day and women should drink 2.2 liters per day. You should increase the amount of water you drink if you exercise.
Read 20 Tips to Help you Drink more Water for more details:
- Start your day by drinking a 16 ounce glass of water
- Now that you know how much water you should be drinking, you should track your progress towards your goal during the day.
- Set reminders
- Get a drinking water system
- Pee clear - if it’s clear, you are well hydrated.
- Drink an eight-ounce glass of water every time you go to the bathroom.
- Carry a water bottle with you at all times.
- When you work out, plan to drink 16 ounces of water for every hour you work out
- Drink a glass before bed - an eight ounce glass of water about an hour before bed can prevent a heart attack or stroke.
- Replace other beverages with water
- Drink when you are hungry
- Drink before you eat
- Eat your water - put some added health and taste in your water by adding fruits.
- Always drink water when drinking alcohol
- Make your water taste better - Alkaline water tastes from a water ionizer better than plain water - it’s sweeter, and feels a lot more refreshing.
- Drink other beverages that hydrate you - Coffee and Tea both contribute hydration, so your coffee and tea consumption counts!
- Drink your water through a straw. Using a straw causes you to take bigger gulps, so you drink more.
- Involve others - make yourself accountable to a friend or coworker, and them accountable to you.
- Headache, constipation, lack energy? Drink water!
- use a water ionizer!
How a water ionizer makes your water better
Imagine a health supplement that supplies: Nutrition, hydration, acid-fighting alkalinity, and healthy antioxidant potential - all in one! There is such a health supplement and it’s alkaline water! When made by a water ionizer, alkaline water supplies:
- Nutrition - Calcium, magnesium and other minerals in the form of easy-to-absorb mineral hydrates
- Hydration - Alkaline water has been shown to hydrate 17% better than regular water in studies conducted at the University of Montana and elsewhere.
- Acid-fighting alkalinity - Alkaline water has been shown to neutralize pepsin - the enzyme that triggers GERD, and to buffer hydrochloric acid. It reduces the acid-load on your body
- Antioxidant potential - When made by a water ionizer, alkaline water has antioxidant potential that has been shown to neutralize harmful Reactive Oxygen Species, and it triples the antioxidant potential of vitamin C!
Best of all, with a water ionizer you will never run out of alkaline water. Forget having to run out to the store, figure out what to do with all those empty plastic bottles. Your fountain of youth is as close as your kitchen sink.
Discover how alkaline water can help you take back your health. Call us at 855 419-2840 for a free, no obligation healthy water consultation
This is an excerpt - read the full article, including links to references, here: 20 Tips to Help you Drink more Water